$5,000 Grants for 1st Time Military Buyers at Fort Gordon GA!
This is exciting news! The Pentagon Federal Credit Union Foundation is offering up to $5,000 in down payment and closing costs to Active Duty Military, Veterans, Retired Members of the Military and Employees of the U.S. Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security!!!!
The Dream Makers program offers these grants to qualifying military families that can be applied to a mortgage from any financial institution. Here are the facts:
1. You are Military – (Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard or Veteran), a Department of Defense (DoD) employee or a Department of Homeland Security employee.
2. A First Time Home Buyer – or you haven’t owned a home in the last 3 years or you lost your home because of a disaster or divorce.
3. Your Gross Household Income including allowances doesn’t exceed $55,000.00 per year or 80% of your community’s median income based on your family size. (Check local income maximums here.)
4. You must contribute at least $500.00 towards your down payment. Dream Makers will match your contribution three-to-one up to a maximum of $5,000. The 2 amounts combined must meet a minimum of 3% down towards the mortgage. ($500 + $1,500 = $2,000.)
5. Fill out the Dream Makers Application. <– Use the link!
6. Attend a Home Buying Seminar. (Select the state you are living in and scroll down to the City closest to your Military Base. Look for the Pre-Purchase Homebuyer Education Workshop.)
Search for Homes for Sale near Ft Gordon to find your new home.Susan MacEwen, Realtor Your Augusta Home Hunter! Keller Williams Realty Augusta Partners Mobile: 706-294-6795 Office: 706-868-3772 x207