First of all, every year thousands of people look to move and place their homes on the market to sell which attracts thousands of buyers that are also looking to move by buying a home. In every listing presentation, I always advise getting your home as clean as possible so that it presents at its very best for listing pictures and showings.
Because of this reason, most homes are deep cleaned prior to listing and then light touch-up cleaning is done to maintain the property between showings. Since it’s done in a manner that we don’t think about it or even give it a second thought.
Now, most winter seasons we have the typical flu and cold season to deal with and so we all might be more inclined to wipe down doorknobs, light switches, sink handles and other commonly touched things. Then during the spring months, you might have an outbreak of chicken pox (not so much now with the availability of vaccinations) or some other childhood disease that makes it rounds. So once again, we consciously wipe down our homes to clean away the germs.
7 Tips for Selling your Augusta Home
Here are 7 tips for selling your Augusta Home during the Coronavirus COVID-19 and to help protect your home and your family during the this or any other flu and cold season.
- Wipe down doorknobs with antibacterial wipes or even a spray cleaner and paper towels after each showing appointment.
- Turn on your lights and request that agent leave them on after the showing. This will eliminate other people from touching your light switches.
- Open doors to all rooms and closet doors for the showing appointment. This will limit the number of people touching your closet or pantry doors.
- Place a basket by the door with disposable shoe covers for agent and prospective buyers to place over their shoes for the showing appointment.
- Wipe down cabinet handles and drawer-pulls in the kitchen and bathroom faucet handles after each showing. (People do like to see how much storage is available and will open cabinets.)
- Consider requiring all visitors to disinfect their hands upon entering the home and provide alcohol-based hand sanitizers at the entryway. Also have soap and disposable towels in bathrooms.
- Cancel any showing appointments if you or anyone living in your home is sick.
Stay Informed and Do Not Panic
As a licensed Realtor, the Board of Realtors is allowing us to screen clients prior to showing appointments and following some simple strategies.
- Ask clients if they have recently traveled from an area that is identified as having a high outbreak of the Covid-19 virus?
- Ask clients if they have been in close contact with anyone that has recently traveled from an area with a high concentration Covid-19 virus?
- Have clients drive to the property in their own vehicle.
- If clients need to ride with me, then I will frequently clean and disinfect surfaces like door handles and seat belt latches. I will also ask clients to use hand sanitizer when getting in and out of the vehicle.
- Ask all clients and agents to stay home if they are feeling sick.
Meanwhile, do not panic, stay informed, and use your best judgment. We all want to stay safe and healthy. If you have any questions about the real estate market, please give me a call. I am happy to help you with any of your real estate needs. You can also contact Susan MacEwen on the contact page.
You can also tour Augusta Homes for Sale virtually from the comfort of your own home. Hence the need for a clean home for the best virtual tour pictures.