Spring is about here in the Augusta area bringing with it some warmer weather. Spring also means the time of the year when people begin to think about putting their house on the market. This is now the perfect time to look back at the 2010 housing market. This will give you a good idea about what your house could sell for and just how long it will take to sell.
Here are the housing market stats for Augusta January thru December 2010:
- 4,954 Single Family Homes Sold during 2010
- Average Days on Market was 156 days
- Longest days on Market was 3,389 days (Wow!)
- Average Sold Prices were 3.29% Less than Asking List Price
- Average Selling Price of a Home was $157,120
Augusta Housing Stats for January thru December 2009:
- 4,964 Single Family Homes Sold during 2009
- Average Days on Market was 152 days
- Longest Days on Market was 3,814 days (Wow again!)
- Average Sold Prices were 3.41% Less than Asking List Price
- Average Selling Price of a Homes was $158,469
In the graph at the top of the page, I have compared the total number of single family homes that sold during 2010 compared to 2009. During both years, more homes were sold in the price range of $100,000 to $199,999 than any other price range. The 2nd largest selling price range is for homes under $100,000. There were a few more homes that sold in the two lower price ranges in 2009 than in 2010, which I attribute to the First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Incentive.
What does this mean for Sellers? If you are looking to sell your home, then the biggest pool of buyers is for under $200,000. The market is still saturated, so you will need to price your home competitively. You also need to make sure that it is in the best possible condition since competition is high. The other thing to keep in mind is that it could take longer than 3 months to sell your home.
If you need a current Market Analysis for your home or property, please give me a call or just go to What’s My Home Worth and fill in the basic information.Susan MacEwen, Realtor Greater Augusta Home Search! Keller Williams Realty Augusta Partners Mobile: 706-294-6795 Office: 706-868-3772 x207 Web: www.AugustaHomeHunter.com