Tips for Staging your Augusta Home for Sale
Spring is right around the corner and this is the peak time for getting your house on the market to sell! All Sellers want a quick sale and top dollar for their home. One of the best ways to achieve both goals is through “home staging” – displaying your home to look it’s best. Here are some helpful home staging tips:
- Less is more – no mess, clutter or personal items anywhere.
- Keep kitchen counters as bare as possible. Remove everything from the exterior of the refrigerator.
- Keep cupboards and cabinets organized and neat.
- Keep floors vacuumed, swept, mopped and waxed. Steam clean or replace carpets.
- Place only a few key pieces of furniture in each room – this makes the room appear larger and helps the buyers imagine their own furnishings in the room.
- Open all curtains and blinds, and make sure that windows and sill are clean.
- Remove fixtures that you will be taking with you and install inexpensive replacements.
- Make repairs to cracks in tiles and sinks, flooring, walls, and ceilings; re-caulk bathroom tubs and showers.
- Maintain the yard for “curb appeal.” Mow the lawn, trim bushes and plant some yellow flowers (a color that inspires buying).
*This article appears in the March 2011 Between Friends Newsletter provided by Old Republic Home Warranty. To receive a current copy of the newsletter, please email email@example.com.Susan MacEwen, Realtor Your Greater Augusta Home Hunter! Keller Williams Realty Augusta Partners Mobile: 706-294-6795 Office: 706-868-3772 x207 Web: www.AugustaHomeHunter.com