Life on the move can be stressful for military families with orders in hand and a big to-do list in front of them. Take a deep breath and know that making things easier for you and yours is a priority for a lot of folks who appreciate your service and are grateful for your commitment. As a real estate professional who specializes in working with our active-duty military service members and veterans, I want to do all I can to help you de-stress and make your move as simple and fun as possible. Let’s take a look at six ways to help you do just that!
1. Don’t try to go it alone. Depending on which branch of the service you’re in – there is a liaison ready, willing and able to help you prepare. Contact your base transportation office for an appointment as well as your finance office to make sure you’ve got the inside scoop on exactly what your benefits are and what they can do to help ease the transition.
2. Ask! If you’re planning a do-it-yourself move, don’t be shy about asking for military discounts and special services. From moving costs to hotels, restaurants and rental cars along the way to your new destination – so many organizations are eager to show their appreciation and give something back in return.
3. Get a referral. If you’re looking to set down some roots outside military housing and invest in home of your own or even renting outside the base – get a referral! As an experienced agent, I have a trusted network of real estate professionals from coast-to-coast who can help you find a property that is just what you need at the right price and terms!
4. Ask about mortgage assistance. Buying a home is a huge investment for your family – but with today’s prices and low rates, it’s a perfect time to set down roots. Know that there are special mortgage programs developed just for you that can help ensure you get the most favorable rates and terms anywhere. If you need help finding a mortgage professional with your best interests at heart, give me a call. I’ll make sure you’re connected!
5. Taking care of the what-ifs. A big question for military families is should we buy if we don’t know when our next orders will come through? As a professional who works side-by-side with military families, I know how stressful this question can be. Before you do anything – call me. We can take a look at your personal situation and help determine what’s best for your family. Know that we have solutions for selling or renting your home should you have to move again and can help make that process as seamless and painless as possible.
6. Getting settled. It’s a little unnerving to find your way around a new community. That’s why I make it a point to do as much legwork as I can to help you find the right schools, shopping, community centers, arts programs and even area handymen, lawn care specialists, health care options and more. Call me for a list of trusted resources that you can count on when you move!
I am honored by your commitment to country and proud to specialize in providing excellent service to our military members and valued veterans. I am passionate about helping make your lives easier. Call me today and learn more about how I can help. Thank you for all that you do!Susan MacEwen, Realtor Your Fort Gordon Home Hunter! Keller Williams Realty Augusta Partners Mobile: 706-294-6795 Office: 706-868-3772 x207
*Content Courtesy of ProspectsPLUS!