The Augusta Real Estate Market continues to be busy during the start of the 2012 New Year. The mild winter weather is favorable for those hunting for an Augusta home or for an investment property. Homes continue to be affordable with both low prices and low interest rates.
Here are the numbers for the Greater Augusta Real Estate Market for January 2012:
- Currently 3,529 Homes for Sale
- 293 Homes Sold during January 2012
- Median Selling Price was $145,900
- Median Price per Square Foot was $67.50
- Average Days til Sold 171
There were 32 more homes sold in Augusta this January than 2011! Homes prices have declined slightly from the Median Price of $153,100 in January 2011. This means that home prices are down by about 5% from last year. We are continuing to see foreclosures hit the market which is affecting resale values. Here is a break down of homes sold by type for the Augusta Area:
- Foreclosures: Jan 2012 – 78 vs. Jan 2011 – 45
- Short Sales: Jan 2012 – 5 vs. Jan 2011 – 6
- New Homes: Jan 2012 – 100 vs. Jan 2011 – 102
- Regular Resale Homes: Jan 2012 – 110 vs. Jan 2011 – 110
Normal Resale Homes account for 38% of all the homes sold in Augusta during January 2012. New Construction Homes accounted for 34% of all the homes sold. Foreclosure Homes are now 27% of the marketing share for the Augusta area with Short Sales accounting for only 1% of the market share.
More home owners that are in distress need to seek help from a realtor about a short sale, which can help them avoid foreclosure. If you would like more information about a Short Sale, please contact me at 706-294-6795 or email me at email@example.com.